Professional Fees and Insurance Information
- Initial Individual Intake Assessment sessions are $165.00 per two hour session.
- Ongoing Individual Counseling/Psychotherapy sessions are $115.00 per one hour session.
- Couples Initial Intake Assessment sessions are $230.00 per 2 hour session.
- Couples are $140.00 per one hour session.
- Group counseling is $150.00 for two hour sessions.
- Initial Intake for Family Counseling is conducted with each individual and billed at the individual rate of $165.00 per person.
- Family Counseling/Psychotherapy Sessions are billed at $165.00 per hour.
Payment in full is due at the end of each counseling session or group. Dr Marlowe accepts checks, cash or major credit cards including: Visa, Mastercard and Discover.
Dr. Marlowe is an out-of-network mental health provider. If you choose to use your health insurance policy, Dr. Marlowe's office will provide you with a completed claim form each month along with a billing statement. This service is provided at no additional charge to you, the client. Once you receive your monthly billing statement and completed claim form, it is the client’s responsibility to submit the paperwork to the insurance carrier for processing.
Learning about your Insurance Coverage
It is highly recommended that you find out exactly what mental health services are covered in your insurance policy before beginning therapy. It is also recommended that you learn the specifics of your coverage terms for mental health services from an out-of-network provider. Please refer to your insurance coverage documents or call your carrier for a full disclosure of your benefits.
Questions to Ask
- Does my policy cover out-of-network mental health counseling services with a therapist who holds a Ph.D. and is licensed in the State of Ohio as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC)?
- If my policy provides coverage for an out-of-network mental health provider, what percentage is paid? What percentage is paid to in-network providers?
- Do I need to have a referral to mental health counseling in order to receive benefits from my policy?
- What is my deductible for mental health counseling and is there any difference in the deductible if I see an out-of-network provider?
- What type of information does my insurance company require when I file a mental health claim beyond? Do they require information beyond a mental health diagnosis, such as a treatment plan?
- About how long after I submit my mental health insurance billing statement and claim form should I expect to wait until I receive a reimbursement check?
- Request that your insurance company send to you a copy of both sides of any required forms they want our office to complete in order to file your claim.
Note: Because Dr. Marlowe is an out-of-network mental health provider, please understand that you, not your insurance company, are responsible for full payment of all counseling fees.
Government Benefit Plans
Dr. Marlowe is not a provider of Medicare, Medicaid or the Veteran's Administration (VA).